Rebuilt Box...Top 10 Programs
Fry’s had a great sale the other day on a 60 gig SATA drive. Only $40. I couldn’t resist. So I bought one and rebuilt my box. Afterwards I had to install everything again, which got me thinking about the crucial stuff that needs to be installed. So, here’s my top 10 list, in no particular order.
- Firefox (gotta have my browser)
- Visual Studio 2003 (definitely spent more of my lifetime sitting with this open than any other program)
- Sql Server 2000
- Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2
- Sql Server 2005 Beta 2
- Office (yes, I’m just going to treat this as one program)
- BibleWorks 6
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (all work and no play makes Eric a dull boy)
- SharpReader (can’t live without my RSS feeds)
- iTunes (gotta be able to manage my iPod podcasts)
I’ve had the betas of the 2005 development tools on my laptop for a while and they haven’t really affected my 2003 environment, so I figured it was safe to go ahead and install them on my desktop. Of course, this means that I’ll be rebuilding again come the week of Nov 7th when the real versions are released. Oh well.