TestRunner by Mailframe
I have no idea why a company called "Mailframe" would be making something like Testrunner. Testrunner is a Visual Studio Addin for aiding in automated unit testing.
- Nice gui - the colors are bright (though maybe a bit strong) and the whole thing looks good. Follow the link and check out the screenshots.
- Nice integration - works right within visual studio and gives you some nice visuals in the text editor for code coverage...
- Code coverage - it does that...
- Uses the NUnit framework - so if you are already using NUnit, this will be an easy move.
- Performance measuring - it does that too (just in terms of how many ms it took to execute something)
- It is cheap - there is a trial version and the full version is just $49. A LOT cheaper than Team System. Of course, Team System does a lot more.
- A little choppy - Of course this may be more the fault of VS than Testrunner since VS is often a little slow anyway.
- No way to ignore individual files in coverage. None that I can find, anyway. "But you don’t want to ignore those." Yeah I do. My web controls are in the same library as the other code that I’m testing, and I don’t want to move them to a separate library to keep them from skewing the coverage results. And I think those controls are better tested through other means.
I haven’t decided if I’m going to buy. We’ll see. I’ll use it for the next 15 days and see how much I like it.