Michael's Greek Alphabet Tutorial
Posted: 02/21/08 7:35 AM
So I downloaded Michael’s free software bundle. I have only tried the Greek package, but here are my thoughts on that one.
- When I click on .swf files they do not run. I think you might have to have the flash IDE installed for them to run outside of a browser, but I’m not sure as I haven’t done flash in years. So I had to create an html page that would load it. If you are familiar with html, go here for a snippet to do that. If you are not, then you can still try to hack it or you can ask Michael to ship a new version with an html page you can click on.
- The logo graphic is nice. Clever.
- Having audio pronunciations of Greek letters is very useful.
- They would be more useful, however, if you included the pronunciation of them in the context of a word. So along with the letter, if you had a button to click to hear the letter used in a word, that would be nice.
- Perhaps it is the font used for the English text, but the nav buttons don’t really "bling" for me. Of course that might not have been your intention :)
- Having an option to hear the alphabet said as a whole would be a nice addition.
- Every time you click a letter button to have it pronounced the logo on the top-left reanimates. That’s a little distracting.
- The English letters are button, but if you click on them nothing happens. On the one hand you wouldn’t really expect them to. But then again they are buttons, and that’s what you’re supposed to do with buttons :)
Those are my thoughts for now Michael. It is a good start.